Featuring the usual suspects

Featuring the usual suspects

Monday 16 April 2012

The Lakeland Loop

Well I'd paid my £20 so apart from only having about 2/3rd lung capacity half a voice and a annoying cough I did the loop.

Andy and Keith and I set of from my house at about 08.30 giving us just enough time to drive to the start at the Old Dungeon Gill in Langdale and get riding by 10.00.

68 miles isn't that far. Well the first 58 is great, its the last 10!

Hardknott comes just before Wrynose which is just before that Bas***d climb at the end (think its called Side Pike).

However I love the last 3 climbs as climbing on a bike is what I'm good at so even with whats was left of my cold I passed more people in the last few miles that I had seen all day.

The route
The video below is mainly Hardknott taken hand held while still riding, so the steepest bits are missing. This picture is Great Langdale from the top of the last climb (Side Pike) just before you drop down into the valley.



A great day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment