Featuring the usual suspects

Featuring the usual suspects

Sunday 20 November 2011

Derwent cruise

I went for a sail today in my 52 year old dinghy Kittiwake to try out a few mods I've done and also to play with my GPS. I was interested how far I actually travel when sailing into the wind and also how fast I go. This is the outcome - A 10 mile cruise down the lake and back at an average of 2.8 mph and a maximum of 5.6 mph.
Derwent water is a great lake to explore I think I've counted nine islands so far as well as a handfull of rocks that become exposed when the water level is low, the biggest being Swarf Stones where the Cormorants live.


Early morning sun over the islands


Dinner time beach


Running with the wind back down the lake.


Swarf Stones, or Cormorant Island.


2 comments: