Featuring the usual suspects

Featuring the usual suspects

Thursday 17 May 2012

Hardknott Pass

We're off to do some cycling in the Pyrenees at the end of the month, I've spent the last few weeks getting fit and doing some hills on the bike.

I've also become addicted to a web site 'Strava.com' that uses GPS data from my bike computer and compares you to other riders that have done the same route. So naturally, for a competative person like me, you end up riding up hills as fast as you can!

I went to try and better my time on Hardknott last night. Managed to do it in under 14 mins - just.

You think thats fast.....I'm still 2 mins down on the fastest!

Hardknott is on of the hardest and steepest road climbs in the country at over 25% in places, climbing just over 1000ft in 1.5 miles. The video below does not do it justic, in the slightest.

I filmed the ride from top to bottom and back down the other side. Here it is speeded up x4.

No comments:

Post a Comment